Whether you’re visiting Denver Colorado or you are a local here are 26 things to do you should try.
Things To Do In Denver
- Check out the latest seasonal exhibits at Denver Nature and Science
- See all the new additions at the Denver Zoo. There is always a new baby or two
- Walk Down 16 Street Mall and catch a movie at The Denver Pavilions. Get a caramel apple at the Chocolate Factory
- Get an early morning work out at Red Rocks Amphitheater theater or go on a hike at Apex Trail
- Set up a Date night stroll through the Botanic Gardens
- Go view the latest art masterpieces from the western region at the Denver Art Museum
- Take your kids to a Denver Downtown staple Elitch Gardens and Water Park
- Make your way to the Colorado State Capital building steps to experience being exactly 5280 feet above sea level
- Get wet and ride the waves at Water World during the summer months.
- After dark, go to Larimer Square. It’s a charming block filled with great Denver local restaurants, coffee shops that stay open late, and nightlife is also a must.
- Sloan’s Lake at dusk is a great view
- If you are into parks don’t miss Ruby Hill Park and City Park
- Plan a picnic under the big dancing people in front of the Denver Performing Arts Building
- Take a photo with the Big Blue Bear
- Go shopping at the Cherry Creek Mall
- Google the nearest Dispensary go buy marijuana and get high, also google places to get high in Denver
- Get ready to party and go to a Hip Hop Club
- Drink local beer and ciders at the Rack House in the River North District (RiNo) and chill in the beer Hall and play games
- Meet your friends on the Broadway for Salsa lessons and salsa dancing at Blue Ice lounge
- Make sure you get Ice Cream from Lic’s Ice Cream, thank me later!
- Have dinner with close friends or a double date at EL Five restaurant in the Highlands
- Eat brunch at Cinzettis or at Dazzle’s on Sunday morning
- Laugh the night away at The Denver Improve Comedy Club in North Field Stapleton
- Listen to some good jazz music at Nocturne Jazz Club
- Your young kids will love it at the Butterfly Pavilion
- Go Ice Skating at the indoor ice rink at the Ice Centre at Promenade
- Grab a drink, get some ice cream and do some shoping at the historic Union Station
- Call up some friends and meet them at the First Fridays Art Walk on Santa Fe
- Find some good grub at Edgewater Public Market a food hall.
- Take a frined to get dessert at Chocolate Lab.
If you try one of these things to do let us know how it goes in the comments below.
Denver has been known to be home for forward-thinking adults who are always open to new cultures and influences. What everyone is forgetting is that Denver is also a great city to raise kids with plenty of attractions to show children a good time.
Along the Platte River in particular, are several places where your kids would absolutely have a hell of a good time.
Right at the Marsico Campus, this is a great place to introduce your kids to science and the arts. Their exhibits are one-of-a-kind, and stimulates young minds to discover and explore at their own pace. They have lots of things to do for children including general activities like painting and sculpting, and more unique activities like pretend-foraging of squirrels, or climbing their 3 ½ storey mountain. Going here would certainly be a fun learning experience.
Give your kids a glimpse of the amazing marine life around the world. Aside from different species of fish, kids also get to discover different species of reptiles, birds, and even a tiger habitat. It is a veryinteractive place as well where kids can feed the stingrays, swim with sharks (in a safe environment, of course), pan for gold, and watch a mermaid show. Kids can even play marine biologist for a day and also stay overnight.
First off, there’s the Star Flyer Swing, where you and your kids will surely get a thrill as you get swung around high above the ground at 17 storeys. Aside from that, there are 53 more fun and exhilarating rides to try. Aside from the rides, there is also a 10-acre swimming area with waves, lazy rivers, and fun slides. A theme park and water park in one place, it’s every kid’s dream.
Introduce your kids to the history of Denver in a fun way. This open air streetcar look like it was pulled straight from the Mister Roger’s Neighborhood TV show. During the ride, you and your gets also gets a narration of the history of Denver all the way from the Gold Rush.