- This event has passed.
Python Fundamentals: Accelerated (10/14/19 – 10/30/19)
September 30 @ 2:46 pm
In this three-week workshop, you’ll learn how to program in Python; After completing the three-week course, you’ll be better prepared to begin an Immersive data science bootcamp.
100% of workshop payment can be used as tuition credit for our Data Science Immersive (cannot be combined with other workshop discounts).
What You’ll Learn / Takeaway:
Whether you’ve programmed in other languages or Python is your first, this class will teach you the nuances of Python and how to use them to your advantage in your data science projects. Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Environment Setup
- Data Scientist Workflow
- Ins and Outs of Coding Pythonically
- Object Oriented Programming
- Popular Data Science Libraries including Matplotlib, Pandas, Numpy, Sklearn
Who Should Take this Class?
For those of you interested in learning to program in Python, so you may be better prepared for self-study in data science, this course will help you get up to speed.
Those of you who are interested in gaining the skills required for admittance to a Data Science bootcamp; this course is designed to help you meet the standard skill assesments in a typical interview, including our own.
Self starters and those who learn best in-person, in a classroom, amongst peers.
Immersive Tuition Discount
100% of workshop payment can be used as tuition credit for our Data Science Immersive.
This workshop is intended to help prepare candidates who already have the necessary statistics background for our admissions process.
Tuition credit can be applied for any Data Science Immersive cohort that an applicant is accepted to with a start date within 1 year of the completion of the Python Workshop. Cannot be combined with any other workshop credit; tuition credit maxes out at $1,000.
Desire to learn.
- Bring your laptop and power cable.
- Install Anaconda with Python version 3 on your machine: http://docs.continuum.io/anaconda/install.html
- Install a text editor: http://www.sublimetext.com/
- If you have trouble with installation, we will assist on the first day.
Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday (Except for Week #3* which will have class Wednesday due to Halloween)
6:00pm – 9:00pm
Week 1: October 14th, 15th & 17th
Week 2: October 21st, 22nd & 24th
Week 3: October 28th, 29th & 30th
- Introduction to git, Github, Unix, Downloading software (Anaconda, git, Atom)
- Variable assignment, Variable declaration, Loops, Control flow, Logic
- Introduction to Python data structures, Python Libraries, lists, strings
- Tuples, Dictionaries, and Sets
- File I/O, Lab: Game Creation
- Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Introduction to Pandas,
- Dataframes DataFrame operations, Numpy
- Introduction to Statistical Modeling
- Cancel more than 48 hours before first class: Full Refund (minus processing fee).
- Cancel within the first week: Charged for 1 day of class, and reimbursed the remaining fees paid for the workshop.
- Cancel after first week: Can apply cost to different program, no refund.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.