It’s the weekend and it’s a great time to get out and enjoy the city. But with a tight budget, your options are quite limited.
Fortunately, there are a lot of things in the 303 that you do not have to pay for; the only requirement is for you to bring yourself with some good spirit.
So without further ado, here are the top things that you can do around Denver this weekend for FREE!!
Clyfford Still is considered as one of the most important painters immediately after World War 2. He is one of the first generation of Abstract Expressionists who helped develop a more modern approach to painting. The museum represents about 94% of Still’s lifetime work, which includes early works in the 1920s and late in his career up to the 80s.
Admission is FREE every Friday up to October 30, 2015 from 5pm to 8pm.
Get a close look at how hundreds of different kinds of teas are made at the largest and most modern tea factory in the US. The tour will start with a video history of tea then will proceed to the walking tour. The highlight of the tour is the Mint Room. A whiff from this room will clear any nasal problems you have. The tour concludes with free sampling of different tea varieties.
The tour runs all year long and depart hourly from Monday to Saturday from 10am to 4pm and Sunday 11am to 3pm. Children below 5 years old are not allowed to join tour.
Watch a musical that features Colorado Symphony Orchestra violist Catherine Beeson and other fellow CSO musicians. The show will focus on communications, style, and performance, the musical will also be interactive with a “Music Machine” built from audience members, who will be joined by the performers for some great music improv.
This show is organized by the Friends of Chamber Music at the Denver School of the Arts. Show runs on Saturday, October 25, 2015 at 2pm to 3:30pm.
Spellbinders, an award-winning storytelling organization will host another storytelling event at the Denver Central Library. The theme this Saturday will be Journey Around the World. Check their calendar to see their future events.
Please be at the Denver Central Library on Saturday, October 24, 2015 at 3pm. Bring your kids!!
Instead of feeling blue, just listen to some great Blues jam from the Miles High Blues Society. The host band alternates between Doc Brown’s Blues Band and Jodie Woodward’s Blues Allstars. Check the calendar to see who’s hosting each week.
Drop by at Ziggies every Sunday night at 7pm and melt your blues away.
Beautiful Denver Wedding Venues
- The Chateaux at Fox Meadows – A sprawling, picturesque location that can add class and poise to your wedding. With classy old school décor and delicate lighting, The Chateaux is a much sought after wedding venue. The well-trained, gracious and helpful staff are worthy of a special mention and the food and cakes on offer are delicious.
13600 Xavier Ln, Broomfield, CO 80023 303-466-8078
- Lionsgate Center – This wonderful location houses two different wedding venues that can accommodate up to 500 people. With the price being inclusive of unlimited rentals and the provision for collaboration with the bet vendors, this is one of the best places in Denver to get married in. Do not miss their special bouquet of wedding brooches.
1055 S 112th St, Lafayette, CO 80026 303-665-6525
- Seawell Grand Ballroom – Situated in the Theater District, this gorgeous and stylish venue sport a great view of the nearby mountains. The venue can accommodate 400+ guests, and the onsite parking and catering services make this one of the most convenient places to arrange a wedding at. They take cues from the theatrical roots to organize stunning, interesting weddings.
DPAC, Speer and Arapahoe Streets Denver, CO 80204 303-572-4466
Wedding Caterers in Denver Colorado
- Elegant Catering Designs – One of the most reputed wedding caterers in Denver, Elegant Catering Designs covers all bases when it comes to catering for the perfect wedding. You can make your custom designed menu choosing from their delectable dishes, and have them serve either buffet style or sit-down. For those on a budget, check out their economy menu design option.
19179 E 21st Cir, Aurora, CO 80010, United States +1 303-367-0344
- Epicurean Catering – An acclaimed and sought after wedding catering company, Epicurean Catering guarantees a satisfying and memorable food experience at your wedding. With over 30 years of experience making gourmet wedding food, you cannot go wrong with this company.
6800 S Xanthia St, Centennial, CO 80112, United States +1 303-770-0877
- Relish Catering – Replete with superb service, delicious personalized menus and some of the best catering chefs in the country, Relish Catering have made a name for themselves in the last few years. Their menus have always been cherished and some of the tastiest and the enthusiasm and zeal they bring to the table is worth paying for.
7860 W 16th Ave Lakewood, CO 80214 303-727-9200
Wedding Cake Bakeries for Denver Weddings
Description of title here
- Elegant Cakes – One of the most revered classical European style bakers in the town of Denver, Elegant Cakes is a place with the penchant for rising to expectations. Using only the finest natural ingredients, they whip up desserts like no other. A cake from here is sure to elevate any wedding to the next level.
3278 S Wadsworth Blvd #3, Lakewood, CO 80227, United States +1 303-322-7708
- Tipsy Cupcakes – They add a fun quotient to dessert, specializing in alcohol infused flair and flavor in their menu. Their take on wedding cakes and desserts is sure to wow people. While their USP lies in their alcohol infused desserts, they also have a great selection of non-alcoholic and kids’ special desserts in their repertoire.
8286 Northfield Blvd. #1535, Denver, CO 80238 720-523-3335
- The Makery Cake Company – Touted to be one of the best choices for wedding cakes, this company specializes in cakes of all shapes and sizes. With beautiful design incorporated in every cake and brilliant taste, the Makery Cake Company can be one of the finest options if you want your wedding cake to be perfect and memorable.
8203 S Holly St Centennial, CO 80122 720-270-4042
Wedding Flowers/ Florist for Servicing Denver
- New Berry Brothers – Specialists in flowers and wedding décor for many decades and the developer of the first trademarked flower in the US, this respected company is many people’s first choice when it comes to choosing the right florist for a wedding. For themed events and personalized floral designs, there are not many companies that can match the performance of Newberry.
201 Garfield Street Denver, CO 80206 303-322-0443
- Ambience Florals – Experts at creating the perfect ambience for your wedding, and enhancing the ambience of your venue, Ambience Florals never fail to come up with stellar ideas when it comes to adding a dash of class and panache to weddings. For outdoor weddings, they can easily be your best bet.
Colorado Springs, CO 80906 719-200-5182
- Swank Stems – For those who want a modern take on traditional wedding arrangements, there is Swank Stems. As an independent flower design studio, they are experts in creating new and unconventional designs which are a perfect fit for modern venues. Their special wedding packages are sure to be a great treat.
2376 W Main Street Littleton CO 720-361-2924
Wedding Photographers Servicing Denver Colorado
- Picture your World Photography – This company brings photojournalistic flair to wedding photography, creating brilliant intimate and candid wedding pictures that are all about the spontaneity of the great moments during a wedding. Head photographer Sheba Wheeler specializes in spontaneously taken images which really bring out the true charm of memorable wedding moments. They have the talent for great studio photography as well.
6205 S. Main Street, Ste 295, Aurora, CO 80016 303-548-6112
- AndWhy Productions – Ace wedding photographer Andrew Hart captures wedding magic on camera at AndWhy Productions, creating professionally made photo albums from innumerable special weddings moments. The company is great for couples who want their wedding to be on both still photos and video, as their video recording services are also top-notch.
1910 Vassar Dr. Boulder, CO 80305 303-246-9831
- Jason + Gina – If you are having an outdoor wedding, then you need these outdoor wedding photography specialists for the best photos. They specialize in taking stunning pictures in natural light at external surroundings, and the quality and aesthetical taste on offer is brilliant. They are immensely popular in the area due to their consistently good work.
8542 Ward Ct, Arvada, CO 80005 303-204-8937
Reception DJ’s For Denver Weddings
- Amore Entertainment – For one of the best possible music experiences at your wedding, you need to hire an expert DJ from Amore Entertainment. These experienced DJs have been wowing wedding guests for years with their eclectic mix of old school music, acoustic and country bands and classic rock from the 70s and 80s.
453 E Wonderview Ave, Estes Park, CO 80517 970-215-2690
- Elite DJ Entertainment – For traditional wedding entertainment taken to a new level, Elite DJ Entertainment is one of the very best choices. They have a knack for bringing out the fun factor for wedding guests.
4950 Washington St #200, Denver, CO 80216 303-422-3218
- Gotta Dance DJs – If you want a foot tapping experience at your wedding, Gotta Dance DJs gives you a large variety of music to choose from. These people are meticulous and always discuss their wedding music list with your beforehand, so as to give you complete satisfaction.
303.827.1952 / Joe@gottadancedjs.com
Photo Booth Rentals Denver Has To Offer
- Photo Booth Season – A local favorite and for a fun rollicking photo booth rental Denver experience at your wedding, there is always Photo Booth Season. This company promises a high quality photo booth experience in keeping with the spirit of your wedding. Their packages offer great value for money, and there are plenty of good things even for people on a tight budget.
2001 York St, Denver, CO 80205 720-907-4044 – www.photoboothseason.com
Wedding Dresses For Brides Getting Married in Denver
- The Bridal Collection – One of Denver’s finest bridal gown boutiques, The Bridal Collection is every bride’s dream location while shopping for a wedding gown. They have one of the largest collections of the latest fashions in wedding gowns, displayed beautifully in a classy, elegant atmosphere. With great variety in designs and material choices, this is the place to be before a wedding.
4151 East County Line Road, Unit A Centennial, CO, 80122 720 493 9454
- Anna Be – Many believe that Anna Be is Denver’s best when it comes to bridal boutiques. Anna Be employs an in-house team of style experts who handpick their wedding gown designs, and displays them in a royally curated collection, making for a rich, satisfying shopping experience.
1575 Boulder St Denver, CO, 80211 720-855-1111
- Little White Dress – One of the most luxuriant bridal shopping experience in the area, it has a large collection of classy and beautiful wedding dresses, bridal accessories and a helpful and knowledgeable staff providing ideas and guidance. Their love for what they do shows in their dresses, and you cannot go wrong with a visit here.
3420 West 32nd Avenue Denver, CO 80211 303.814.8972
Wedding Entertainment In Denver
- Party Singers – For the best musical entertainment in your wedding, simply approach Party Singers, with their huge repertoire of wedding music. You can choose to ramp up the fun quotient with their resident bluegrass band, or to make the couple cozy up with tunes of their romantic vocal quartet performance. 4500 West 38th Avenue Suite 100 Denver, CO 80212, CO 80212
- Puppets and Things on Strings – For wedding entertainment of the quirky variety, there is Puppets and Things on Strings. Ace ventriloquist Mark Hellerstein is sure to have you in splits with his hilarious puppet routine. A great blend of comedy, thrills, magic, music, storytelling and engaged audience participation. 478 St Paul St, Denver, CO 80206
- Comedy Works – Comedy is always great entertainment and the perfect fit for a raucous and cheerful wedding. Some of the best comedy for weddings can be found at Comedy Works, with brilliant performances that would leave you short of breath. The staff is also available to help you manage the finer nuances of your wedding.
5345 Landmark Place Greenwood Village, CO 80111 720 274-6866 Wedding Limo Services
- Avi Limo – One of Denver’s oldest, finest and most popular limo services, their offers are particularly great for weddings. The agency guarantees trouble free, classy and comfortable transit for all your wedding guests. They also have for hire the ever popular H2 Hummer cars for a great honeymoon experience.
Ancel Inc. dba Avi Limo 820 S Monaco Parkway # 257, Denver, CO 80224 303-513-1646
- Crown Limo – An old school limo service, Crown Limo always keep all their vehicles in great condition, and carefully select the best drivers to provide a pleasurable and safe transfer experience. Their rates are extremely competitive – a big plus if you are on a budget.
- Party Limo – With a large fleet of top quality limos, Party Limo promises one of the best and most satisfying wedding limo experiences in the city. They have a wide range of options available in terms of packages, and you can choose the limo of your choice according to your requirements.
12440 East Amherst Cir Denver CO 80014 720-261-9979